Writing Wednesdays

Writing Wednesdays

On the Subject of Fear

By Steven Pressfield | Published: January 19, 2011

[Today’s post is an interview with me in fear.less online magazine. If you haven’t heard of fear.less, it’s a terrific enterprise founded and run by Ishita Gupta and Matt Atkinson, who are two young stars of new media.

fear.less

Ishita Gupta interviews me in this month's fear.less magazine.

[Fear.less appears once a month; it’s free; you can sign up via the link above or below. The magazine features interviews with artists and entrepreneurs, where the thrust of the discussion is to probe the individual’s inner life on the theme of fear–and the overcoming of it. It’s an idea whose time has definitely come, and Ishita and Matt do a tremendous job each month. But enough from me. Below is Ishita’s intro text for this month’s issue:]

Fear.less’s first issue of 2011 is here. After several straight hours of running around screaming with arms raised in triumph, I’ve sat down to tell you about it. It’s a concise and stately installment, quite concerned with creativity. All those new challenges you want to tackle in 2011? All the burnout you may feel from the trials of 2010? This new issue should help. It certainly provided an infusion of energy and rejuvenation for us.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD FEAR.LESS JAN 2011

Steven Pressfield is the author of “The War of Art”, a monolithic self-help book that Fear.less Ishita has called “the greatest book ever written”. He has declared total war on the forces in our minds that resist courage, and his interview draws on inspirations from all walks of life. He is also a Lakers fan, but don’t hold that against him.

Posted in Writing Wednesdays

7 Responses to “On the Subject of Fear”

1. Annette
    January 19, 2011 at 6:20 am

Hi Steven,
    Downloaded another wonderful E-Book this morning. Its not directly related to your post but wanted to share it with you as the first page summed it really up for me.

Freedom Money Time – The Key To Creative Success

Be light, be fearless.
    Annette

2. Elana
    January 19, 2011 at 11:21 am

Steven, I am reading the article now…I stopped to look you up and say thank you. The bit about your colleague/friend who was so ‘unapologetically himself’…It reminds me to stop apologizing for who I am, and to embrace me and be me without fear of disapproval. Certainly, that’s no good reason not to be who we are! It’s absurd to imagine a world where there wouldn’t be that mix of approval and disapproval – though I do imagine it from time to time. Being fearless. Embracing who we are. Creating because we love to create. Those drive me everyday. Thank you for bringing your voice to it.

3. January 20, 2011 at 1:52 pm

Thank you so very much for this interview. I’m having such a struggle to finish my novel and this was just what I needed.

4. Jim Gant
    January 22, 2011 at 7:02 pm

Steve,

Yes. Conquer fear and you will conquer even death.

My sage, friend and mentor taught me this.

Thank you.

STRENGTH AND HONOR

Jim

5. January 25, 2011 at 4:50 am

Steve, a terrific article.
    I remember when I tried to become a photographer and things just did not work out. Until a truck drove me into a wall and after going through the entire healing process I finally found the courage to jump into the cold water.
    Same with writing. I always wanted to tell stories. With the magazine business going down the drain that became so hard that I listened to a writer friend who suggested I write things down.
    Now I need to find someone who gets things published.
    I’m working on it.
    Many thanks for the encouragement!!
    Best wishes,
    André

6. July 29, 2011 at 12:19 am

A beautiful and high quality information.this paper is accurate to be useful. Thanks to the author.

7. March 5, 2012 at 1:32 pm

Hello there, You have performed an excellent job. I will certainly digg
    it and for my part suggest to my friends. I’m sure they will be benefited from this web site.